- Sheltering Arms
607 Jackson Ave
Sheltering Arms is holding open interview this Thursday, June 27th from 10 AM - 3 PM at our Harriet Tubman site located at 565 Morris Avenue, Bronx, NY 10451. Candidates will be seen in the order they arrive and we will see all candidates who arrive before 2:30 PM. We are looking to hire Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem Direct Support Professionals to work in our Developmental Disabilities Services Program located in Upper Manhattan. The minimum requirements for the position is a High School Diploma or GED and a valid New York State driver's license.
The compensation for this position is $15/hr and as a full time employee, you would be entitled to 15 vacation days, 10 sick days and 12 holidays. Sheltering Arms offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as commuter benefits, Flexible Spending Account, life insurance.
Please see information below about our agency and about the position. If you are interested in meeting with us please come to our Harriet Tubman site with a copy of your resume and any professional references you may have. Please note that the dress code is business casual.
We hope to see you there!
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
The Direct Support Professional will ensure the safety and well-being of the residents with Developmental Disabilities, by providing consistent and quality comfort, care, training, and support, and empowering them to engage in day-to-day activities. This includes toileting, feeding, showering, dressing, and maintaining health and hygiene.
* Maintaining accurate logs of daily activities including but not limited to: medication administration, vehicle log books, daily activities, fire drill logs etc.
* Working as a team with other DSP's to provide a safe and stable space for our clients to stay in.
* Bringing our clients into the community to engage in numerous activities and to help teach daily living skills.
* Maintaining the order and cleanliness of the group home (including doing laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, surfaces).
* G.E.D. or High School Diploma required
* Valid NYS Driver's license required
* Must be a team-player, work well with peers, and have effective oral and written communication skills.
* Although training will be provided, candidates with SCIP, AMAP, CPR, and First Aid Trainings are preferred
* A positive attitude and comfort working with the population. Previous experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferred
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...