Orthopedics opening in , Nebraska. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.comAbout this position:
- A typical workday begins and ends helping physicians to see or operate on patients. PAs will see patients individually with Physician supervision.
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers injections and oral medications. Sutures wounds and provides wound care and infection management. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention; instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Provides patient education.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Current BLS certification
- 2 years experience
- Current Nebraska or compact State License
- EMR: Epic
- No call required
- 13 week assignment with extensions
Associated topics: ankle, foot, joint, ortho, orthopedic, replacement, spine, surgeon, surgery, trauma