Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT OF THE WORLD?
How? Become an Cost Analyst at Abbott St. Jude Medical Puerto Rico, Caguas.
www.latam.com at .
Main Purpose of Role:
The position functions a business partner to support the Production Managers and his staff on various financial matters such as budgeting, forecasting, product costing, manufacturing variances analysis & reporting, spending analysis and other related financial requests. Assists the Cost Accounting and Financial Analysis Manager, and Controller, in planning and execution of the month-end closing activities for the respective business unit and accounts reconciliations.
1. **Operational business support** - Provide day to day financial support to Production Managers, Supervisors and other operations personnel; Review and analyze work order manufacturing variances, support operational managers in the monetary spending overhead analysis and budget control; audit cycle count program to assure its effectiveness and timely report its results to management; Monitor results of continuous improvement projects.
2. **Closing** - Manage the monthly general ledger close process for its respective business unit, including recording of journal entries and ensuring the accuracy of trial balance; Complete the monthly reconciliation of various subsidiary records against the general ledger control accounts, including but not limited to the perpetual and work in process inventories and variances deferrals and amortization.
3. **Reporting** - Analyze financial results, verify its reasonableness and provide management with manufacturing performance reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, including manufacturing variance analyses and appropriate explanations of yields, scrap, rework and other factors; Report on the plant unit production by area and/or product family; Analysis of inventory balances, including exposure for slow moving damaged and obsolete; Coordinate and / or prepare special ad hoc information requests for local, division or corporate management.
4. **Budgets / Forecasting** - Active participation in the preparation of the annual manufacturing budget plan (material, labor & overhead); Coordinate and summarize the necessary data for the timely preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual strategic plan and other similar analysis.
5. **Product costing** - Support the development of standard product costing, after proper verification of routings, bills of materials and components costs, including its review for reasonableness; Prepare cost estimates as required.
6. **Compliance** : Ensure compliance with all Abbott (Legacy SJM) procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting; MBA or CPA preferred; from three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of integrated cost accounting systems and information systems (SAP preferred); prior participation in continuous improvement projects a plus; fully bilingual (English/Spanish) with excellent oral and written communication skills; strong analytical capabilities; proficiency in computer applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-###-#### or email ...@abbott.com Associated topics: business analytic, business finance, consult, financial analyst, government, inspect, law, market, refine, regulation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.